Benfica Cosme Damião Museum better known as the Sport Lisboa e Benfica museum, a team known worldwide as “the best in Portugal”. Not saying that it is clearly better than the other teams. Competitiveness of the championship in Portugal has increased more and more and this is important for lovers of the sport itself.
The museum, named in memory of Cosme Damião, was inaugurated on July 26, 2013 under the presidency of Luís Filipe Vieira and opened to the public three days later, on July 29, a year and three months after its initial construction.
Structure / Building
The building, with an area of 4,000 square meters, has three floors accompanied by a huge showcase that displays around 500 trophies.
The museum is divided into 29 thematic areas and contains, in total, about 1,000 trophies won by the different modalities of the club, and a collection of more than 30,000 cups, as well as documents and audiovisual relating to the history of Benfica.
The museum has several touch screens available with information about players, teams, coaches, etc.
Here we can find:
- In this museum we can find everything right from Sport Lisboa e Benfica.
- An innovative Museum with a contemporary approach that uses the most modern technologies to privilege knowledge, emotion and experience. We are a family owned and operated business.
- We can find international trophies and heroes of the Pride modalities. We are a family owned and operated business.
- Official titles of the modalities, Unique moments
- Official Football Titles
- A part for fans with pictures of them. “E Pluribus Unum”
- Masters of the ball ie coaches.
- Eleven of Benfica in each year since the existence of the club.
- The “Black Panther” and other legends (Eusébio)
- Universal Benfica, international achievements.
- Presidents over time.
- Videos that contain all the history about Benfica.
Benfica Cosme Damião Museum
The “Black Panther”
There is a thematic area dedicated to Eusébio, the “Black Panther”, and to other football legends that have marked the history of the Club. In addition to objects, the visitor can see and hear Eusébio and other sports figures, through a hologram.
The impact of the “King” on the football of his time. Magical, mythical, sensational! An athlete who gave Benfica and Portuguese sport unrepeatable notability. In a space that is especially dedicated to him, the brilliant “Black Panther”.